Lemon Zest Infused Chocolate Chip Cookie
There are few things better than a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. To add an elevated experience to such a simple yet delectable edible, we added lemon zest to the flower infusion.
Lemon peels contain a spectrum of vitamins, minerals and fibers, such as, potassium, calcium, and Vitamin C. For a citrusy flavor to every chocolate chip bite, you can also enjoy a nutritional boost! We use oat flour (you can easily make your own with ground oats at home), so let’s get baking!
Makes 14-20 cookies.
- 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup oat flour (140g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 4 tbsp regular sugar, unrefined if desired
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, or more if desired
- optional 1/3 cup chopped macadamia or walnuts
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable or melted infused-coconut oil
- 3-5 tbsp milk of choice, as needed
- 2-3 lemon rinds
To prepare the flower-infusion:
- Pack LEVO Pod with 3-6 grams of coarsely ground flower
- Begin activate cycle at default setting of 240 F for 30 minutes.
To prepare lemon-zest infusion:
- Pack LEVO Pod with 2-3 lemon peels.
- Begin dry cycle at default setting of 115 F for 3 hours.
- Upon completion of Dry cycle, combine dried lemon rinds and activated flower. Add 2 cups of coconut oil.
- Begin cycle at 160 F for 2.5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix very well.
- Add wet, and form into a big cookie ball. Now make little balls from the big one.
- For soft, gooey cookies, refrigerate until cold (otherwise, just bake right away).
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven when they’re still a little undercooked, then it’s important to let cool 10 minutes before removing from the tray, as they’ll continue to cook while cooling.
We hope you enjoyed our series of elevated edibles! Remeber to share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.