Infused Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
What’s more nostalgic than Snap, Crackle, Pop? Every now and then, we crave things from the past. We’re bringing it back to the tried and true rice crispy treat. This time with a few #LEVOmade twists, including protein powder and a sweet, salty, crispy peanut butter flavor. Enjoy this delicious treat without the sugar crash. Bon appetit!
Makes 9-12 bars.
- 3 cups rice crispies
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp nut butter or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/2 cup infused-agave or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional 2-3 tbsp protein powder
- Pack LEVO Pod with 3-6 grams of coarsely ground flower.
- Begin activate cycle at default setting of 240 F for 30 minutes.
- Upon completion of Activate cycle, add 1/2 cup agave or honey
- Begin cycle at 105 F for 60 to 120 minutes.
- If not already stir-able, gently heat the peanut butter to soften.
- Stir with the infused-agave or honey, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour over the rice crispy cereal and stir very well, making sure to coat all the crispies.
- Place a second sheet of parchment or wax on top, then press down as firmly as you possibly can.
- If desired, top with the chocolate sauce. Freeze for at least a 1/2 hour before slicing into bars.
To make chocolate topping (optional):
Simply melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 2-3 tsp oil. Chocolate burns quickly, so make sure to stir continuously until melted!
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.