How To Infuse Honey
The rumors are true–the LĒVO can infuse your favorite sweet treat, honey! Learn how to infuse honey with the recipe below. Easy.
While LĒVO makes it super simple, there are a few important things to note about the process. To preserve the nutrients in the honey and avoid burning, the heating process needs to be carefully controlled. It is best to heat at a lower infusing temperature no higher than 105°F. This will allow you to liquefy the honey and still maintain the flavor, aroma, and color. Ready to learn how to infuse honey? Let's go!
How To Infuse Honey
Fresh or coarsely ground dried herbs
16 oz (2 cups) of honey
1. Pack the herb pod using fresh or coarsely ground dried herbs. Too finely ground and your herb will seep through into your infusion, so grind just enough to increase surface area.*
*For special ingredients, make sure to use the Activate cycle prior to infusing!
2. With the reservoir and stirrer correctly installed inside the LEVO unit, place the herb pod inside the reservoir.
3. Measure 16 oz (2 cups) of honey. Make sure you use viscous honey.
Note: Viscosity is the measure of the resistance of a fluid to flow, so the honey you find in the bear bottles work great! Creamed honey- not so much.
4. Scoop the honey into your LEVO reservoir. Make sure all of the contents of your herb pod are submerged and close the lid.
5. Set your LEVO to 105°F and infuse for 30-120 minutes, depending on your herb choice. Use our time and temperature calculator to be precise.
6. While the honey is still warm, dispense your infusion into an airtight container, such as a reusable glass jar. Use your Herb Press to strain as efficiently as possible and ensure you get every last drop of the infusion.
Note: If your honey infusion cools down while still inside the LEVO reservoir, the consistency will thicken up and make it hard to drain. In order to heat it back up to be easier to drain, set the infusion cycle to 105ºF for 30 minutes or so and try again.
7. Keep your honey infusion in your pantry. Or, for maximum freshness, keep your infusions organized and accessible by pouring them into freezer-safe Herb Blocks.
8. For any recipe needing a touch of sweetness, add the flavor and benefits of herbs with LEVO infused honey.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it as #LEVOmade.