Homemade Melted Caramel
Lately the pumpkin pie spice line up is getting all the attention. Don’t forget about the warm sweet goodness of caramel during the fall. Add this quick 5-ingredient caramel sauce to any of your favorite treats. We won’t judge if you eat it straight from the jar either.
Caramel Sauce 101
This sauce can last up to a month in your fridge, if you’re able to resist eating it more quickly. Before you jump into making this 5-ingredient wonder, make sure you know a little bit about making the caramel sauce. Here’s the rundown:
- Use a big pot: the sauce will bubble in the pot as it cooks and you do not want that overflowing. Giant mess. No fun.
- Use good ingredients: good butter, good milk, good vanilla. Don’t skimp and your tastebuds will thank you.
- Choose your color: use light or dark brown sugar and get lighter or darker caramel sauce.
- Cool down: the sauce will thicken as it cools. If you’re worried you’re doing it wrong because it’s thin, just wait a little, let it cool, and know it’s going to be delicious.
- 1/2 cup Basic LĒVO Butter Infusion (do not sub ghee here because you want the milk solids)
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (not the imitation stuff)
- 1/4 tsp salt
Follow the Basic LĒVO Butter Infusion recipe to get a head start by using your LEVO machine to infuse cannabinoid rich flower with savory butter.
- Melt the LĒVO butter infusion over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Once the butter has melted, add in brown sugar and stir for 2 minutes. Adjust heat if the sauce beings to boil too much or is not hot enough. You don’t want to burn the sugar, but you do want everything to be warm and incorporated.
- Pour in the heavy cream and gently stir until the cream is incorporated. Adjust the heat so that the sauce begins to gently bubble and cook. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add vanilla and salt. Stir until it's well incorporated.
- Pour your hot caramel sauce into a jar and let it cool completely.
The possibilities here are endless…brownies, ice cream, coffee, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake, apples, apple pie…straight from the spoon…whatever you make, be sure to share with @LEVO_Oil and let everyone know it’s #LEVOmade.