Herbal Green Olives
This is the second post from our Chron Vivant takeover. In this post, he explains what to do with that leftover oil after making your olive oil cake. These infused olives will make a great garnish for your New Year’s Eve cocktails made from fat-washed gin.
I’m constantly looking for creative uses for my infusions. I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with my new LEVO that I recently found myself with a glut of infused oils to play with.
I had some leftover flower-infused extra virgin olive oil after making our cake, so I decided to infuse some green olives and fat-washed gin. These infused olives are always handy to have lying around the bar for garnishing savory cocktails and they also make beautiful last-minute gifts tucked into a glass jar with a ribbon around the top.
You can use your olive of choice, of course. Personally, I prefer using larger organic green olives that are medium to mild in flavor so they pair well with many drinks. You don’t want your olive to steal the show from your cocktails.
- 3/4 cup of pitted green olives
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 organic lemon peel (cut into strips)
- 3 1/2 tablespoon of black peppercorns
- 1/4 -3/4 cup flower-infused extra virgin olive oil
- Fill the jars with olives and add half of the flower-infused olive oil.
- Add the lemon peel, rosemary, and peppercorns to the jar.
- Close the lid and aggite until well mixed.
- Open the lid and fill jars to the top (make sure the olives are fully covered).
- Agitate again and store in a cool area or refrigerator.
It’s best to wait a couple of days before consuming to ensure that the olives and infused oil have been sufficiently saturated.
These olives are meant for enjoying as a garnish or snack and should not induce any heavy psychoactive effects. One or two olives, at their most potent, contain >2 mg of THC.
Share your barside alchemy with @LEVO_Oil #LEVOmade