Golden Root Turmeric Orange Coconut Muffins
This recipe comes to us from our friends at Golden Root. Learn all about the health benefits of turmeric, and snag their convenient powdered mix to get all the goodness of golden milk easily at home.
These muffins are dairy-free gluten-free bite-sized deliciousness. Eat more than one and actually feel good about it! They are made with Golden Root turmeric latte mix, which packs all the health benefits of turmeric and a powerhouse of flavor. Try the sugar-free version, which is a bit spicier, or go for the sweetened variety if that suits your fancy.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup LEVO coconut oil infusion (plus a bit more for greasing the pan)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Golden Root turmeric latte mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large orange, juiced
Follow the Basic LEVO Coconut Oil Infusion recipe to get a head start by using your LEVO machine to infuse cannabinoid rich flower with coconut oil.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease cupcake pans evenly with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and orange zest. Add the LEVO infused coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, add coconut flour, baking powder, turmeric, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased cupcake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes (until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle with orange juice to finish, and enjoy!
Pro Tip: This recipe was made in Denver and needs no altitude adjustments for baking around a mile high.
Photography and recipes by Golden Root. Visit their site for more info on the health benefits of turmeric.