Fluffy English Scones
Scones, a traditional British teatime treat, with a little infused twist to keep you warm and fuzzy during these final winter weeks.
Looking to customize your scones a bit more? May we suggest: currants (classic!), fresh or dried blueberries, chocolate chips or cacao nibs, raisins, lemon or orange zest, or an easy glaze made with confectioners sugar.
Enjoy your treats with coffee or tea, and a little freshly infused butter melted inside for an extra punch.
So without further ado, let’s get sconed:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup Flower-Infused butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Infuse your butter and flower in LEVO beforehand- we recommend 200F for 2 hours.
- Dispense and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter.
- Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly (careful not to over-knead!)
- Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges, and place on the prepared baking sheet. If you like, you can glaze with some milk or egg, beaten, on top.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.