Flower Hour – Vegan Flower-Infused Panditas Gummy Bears
It’s 4/20 all month and we’re celebrating with an Instagram LIVE Takeover series called Flower Hour.
To kick off 4/20 weekend, Mennlay Golokeh Aggrey, set flower enthusiasts up for success with her take on the high holiday classic–vegan panditas gummy bears.
As a 15-year flower-guru, author of The Art of Weed Butter, host of the podcast Broccoli Talk, and Co-Founder of her own CBD line, Xula CBD–Mennlay proves there’s still time to make all your favorite things #LEVOmade. She tells us more about her panditas gummy bears below.
Panditas aka gomitas aka gummy candies are my biggest addiction. It’s a problem. I usually inhale an entire bag of gummies before the opening credits finish to whatever movie I’m watching. Classic Panditas here in Mexico are like the Haribo gummy bears that come in the colors aka flavors of red, yellow, orange, and green.
In this recipe for a more playful and “healthy” version, I made homemade juices and swapped gelatin for agar powder (natural gelatin made from red algae). The texture of agar is softer than gelatin but works just as well. Should you choose to use gelatin, go for it. I don’t judge. I’m not vegan.
1 tbsp of honey or agave
1 ½ cup green juice (spinach)
1 ½ cup red juice (cranberry or tart cherry)
1 ½ cup yellow (pineapple)
50mg #LEVOmade MCT oil flower-infused tincture
2 tbsp agar powder or gelatin powder
Pinch Himalayan pink salt
Gummy bear molds
Plastic Dropper or measuring cup with spout
Fill pod about 7 grams of your flower of choice. Hit the Activate cycle to start. Once complete, add 1 cup MCT oil to LEVO reservoir.
Set temperature to 185-200°F and time to 2.5 hours.
- Pour juice into a saucepan on low heat. (each color will be an entire batch) Feel free to make one flavor or all!) For the homemade juices, be sure to strain out all bits for thin watery texture. Feel free to add apple juice to thin it out.
- While stirring gently, add salt, honey or agave into the saucepan until all contents are melted and mixed well.
- S-L-O-W-L-Y sift in agar powder (or gelatin) being sure to whisk constantly until all ingredients are incorporated evenly with no clumps.
- Next add desired dosage of tincture and whisk (tincture can be made of alcohol, MCT coconut oil, or glycerin)
***These next steps need to be done quickly and carefully as the mixture is hot and will begin to set and harden.
- With a wide plastic dropper, (these can be found in the baby section of any drug or convenient store) or spout of a measuring cup pour mixture into your gummy bear mold.
- Gently transfer mold to the refrigerator and let it set for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove bears from the molds and store them in the refrigerator (or freezer) in an airtight container.
Mennlay’s Safe Consumption Pro Tip: If you’re making THC-dominant gummies, be sure to start low and slow by eating 1 or 2 gummies, waiting 45 minutes to see how your body feels before consuming more. Keep in mind that the potency of your gummy bears will vary depending on your tincture.
Don’t forget to show us what you make with #LEVOmade. Stay tuned for more Flower Hour recipes during 4/20 all month.