Flower Hour Special – Coconut & Wasabi Crusted Halibut
It’s 4/20 all month and we’re celebrating with an Instagram LIVE Takeover series called Flower Hour.
Travis Peterson, also known as The Nomad Cook, got us in the mood for Easter Sunday with his coconut and wasabi crusted halibut.
This gourmet recipe includes a #LEVOmade flower-infused coconut cream that is also served over basmati rice. Truly mouth-watering, so check it out below!
1⁄4 Cup Coconut Flakes
1⁄4 Wasabi Peas
1/4 Cup dry white wine
1/4 Cup white-wine vinegar
2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
1/3 Cup Infused Coconut Cream
Salt & Peppers
1 Cup unsalted butter, cut into tbsp-size pieces and chilled
Coconut Basmati Rice
1 Cup of Basmati Rice
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Water Salt
Fill pod about 3.5 grams of your flower of choice. Hit the Activate cycle to start.
Split Lemon Grass in half and smack with a mallet to flatten. Add to pod with flower.
Set temperature to 165°F and time to 2.5 hours.
- Turn oven on to 420°F. Using a sharp knife, remove skin & portion fish & season with salt.
- Take wasabi peas and smash into small pieces. In a small mixing bowl mix crushed up wasabi peas and
coconut flakes. Coat top of halibut with Wasabi Coconut mixture
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the rice in a rice cooker, add rice, coconut milk and water. Also a pinch of salt.
- Using a heavy saucepan, heat to medium and boil wine, vinegar, and shallot until liquid is syrupy and
reduced to 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Add infused coconut cream, salt, and pepper and boil 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to moderately low and add a few tablespoons butter, whisking constantly. Add remaining butter a few pieces at a time, whisking constantly and adding new pieces before previous ones have completely liquefied.
- Remove from heat, then season to taste with salt and pepper and pour sauce through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on and then discarding shallot.
Ready to become part of LEVO Loves the Gourmet? Join now and share what you make with #LEVOmade.