Flower Hour – 420-Friendly Banana Bread
It’s 4/20 all month and we’re celebrating with an Instagram LIVE Takeover series called Flower Hour.
Colorado-based, flower enthusiast, Savannah Rose walked us through a demo to make what’s become a stay-at-home classic, banana bread. Check out her #LEVOmade take below.
1 cup butter
3 1/4 cups brown sugar
4 eggs (fresh, large eggs)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup yogurt (never fat free, natural vanilla flavor works well)
1 tsp orange rind
3 ½ cups flour (this can be wheat, almond or cashew)
1 cup amaranth flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 -2 ½ cups pureed ripe banana (that’s about 4 bananas)
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (not for me!)
1 cup of mini or regular semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
Fill pod about 7 grams of your flower of choice. Hit the Activate cycle to start. Add 1 cup butter to LEVO reservoir.
Set temperature to 160-175°F and time to 2.5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray your 2 standard sized loaves with cooking spray
- Pureé your bananas
- In one bowl mix in the eggs: add #LEVOmade butter, sugar, lemon juice, orange rind, Yogurt
- Add your vanilla and almond extracts
- Add in the pureed bananas.
- Mix every time you add in a new ingredient)
- In a second bowl add in your dry ingredients
- Pour your dry ingredient bowl into the first bowl
- Add in additional ingredients such as chocolate chips or walnuts here
- Mix thoroughly, and be careful not to over mix as it can affect the breads texture
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (Can test by sticking a toothpick in. If it comes out clean it is ready)
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the pan
- Then put your banana bread on a rack to cool down for another hour or so
Don’t forget to show us what you make with #LEVOmade. Stay tuned for more Flower Hour recipes during 4/20 all month.