Filipino Chicken Adobo
Marinated chicken, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, and spices, oh my! Add in some LEVO-infused garlic pepper ghee to take this popular Filipino dish to the next level.
- 1 lb butter
- 6 garlic cloves (for infusion)
- 2 garlic cloves (for cooking)
- 1 ½ lbs of chicken wings
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ white vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 black garlic pod (smashed into a paste using a mortar and pestle)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns (for infusion)
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns (for cooking)
- 1 tsp of finely chopped jalapeño
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- pressure cooker (we recommend Instapot)
Peel 6 pieces of garlic. Smash garlic and whole peppercorns together. Place in LEVO herb pod.
Place 1 lb of butter into LEVO reservoir.
Infuse for ~30 minutes at 160 °F.
Once complete, cover a glass jar with cheesecloth and filter the infusion through. Let it cool.
Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper
Set Instapot to saute setting and heat 2 tbsp of the garlic pepper infused ghee. Remove the chicken wings and place on a plate.
Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Then add the vinegar, soy sauce, black peppercorns, black garlic paste, water, chicken bouillon, and bay leaves. Whisk ingredients together.
Add the chicken back to the pot and set to “Pressure” setting for 20 minutes on “High”
Once finished, enjoy with white rice topped with chopped jalapeño and fried garlic.
Recipe by Cherlyn Medina of Buttery Existence.