Exfoliating Coffee Body Scrub
It doesn’t matter that bundle-up season is here and our skin is covered from head to toe, we still need to hydrate and moisturize daily. In fact, our skin needs it so much more in during the winter months because severe dryness can cause redness, cracking, and inflammation.
Most pre-made body scrubs are packed with unnecessary chemicals and preservatives, but we’ve found body scrub recipe that utilizes the exfoliating and anti-oxidant effects of coffee and combines it with the naturally hydrating, silky cocoa butter. This recipe will leave your skin glowing and ready for t-shirt and sandal weather, we promise!
The caffeine found in coffee typically increases blood flow and may reduce the appearance of cellulite, plus give your skin a more even tone. Similarly, cinnamon also increases blood flow and has additional antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup flower-infused coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flower-infused cocoa butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Infuse coconut oil and cocoa butter (combined) with flower for 175F for 2 hours, ensuring your Herb Pod is submerged.
- Once infused, dispense in mixing bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl (coconut oil and cocoa butter should be melted, at room temperature).
- Once mixed, store your scrub in an airtight jar or container out of direct sunlight. The scrub is suitable for full-body exfoliation.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.