Basic LEVO Butter Infusion
Part of the LEVO fun is making your own creations, and with an infused butter, the possibilities are endless. Use this simple recipe to effortlessly combine butter with any herb of your choice.
Fresh or coarsely ground dried herbs
16 oz (four sticks) of butter
1. Pack the herb pod using fresh or coarsely ground dried herbs. Too finely ground and your herb will seep through into your infusion, so grind just enough to increase surface area.*
*For special ingredients, make sure to use the Activate cycle prior to infusing!
2. With the reservoir and stirrer correctly installed inside the LEVO unit, place the herb pod inside the reservoir.
3. Slice 16 oz (four sticks) of butter into large pieces so they fit nicely into the reservoir.
4. Place the butter into your reservoir and close the lid.
5. Set your LEVO to 160-175°F and infuse for 30-120 minutes, depending on your herb choice. Use the time and temperature calculator to be precise.
6. While the butter is still warm, dispense your infusion into an airtight container, such as a reusable glass jar. Use your Herb Press to strain as efficiently as possible and ensure you get every last drop of the infusion.
7. Store your infused butter in the refrigerator. Or, make it last longer and keep your infusions organized and accessible by pouring them into freezer-safe Herb Blocks.
Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it as #LEVOmade.