Adaptogen-Rich Coconut Butter Cups
If you’re like us, you need a touch of sweetness after dinner to cleanse your palate. Put down the Ben & Jerry’s and pick up one of these adaptogen-packed chocolates when you’re craving a sweet treat, or whenever you need a little microdose magic.
What’s an Adaptogen? A natural substance considered to be especially beneficial for regulating stress and promoting overall well-being.
What’s a Nootropic? Also known as smart drugs and cognitive enhancers, these are substances that are believed to improve cognitive function, particularly memory, creativity, or motivation.
What’s Ashwagandha? People use Ashwagandha for improving thinking ability, decreasing inflammation, and preventing the effects of aging. It is also used for fertility problems in men and women and also to increase sexual desire.
For this recipe you’ll need a few things that may not already be in your cupboard:
- Chocolate molds or mini cupcake tin with liners (the recipe makes approx 50, or two trays, of this mold). Trust us, they’ll go fast.
- Cacao Powder or our Nootropic favorite, Cocotropic
- Ashwagandha (we buy ours from Sun Potion)
- Matcha Powder
- Cocoa Butter (you can find this online or at your local organic supermarket)
- Coconut Butter
- 1 cup organic cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons LEVO-Infused coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or the sweetener of your choice)
- 1 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (can’t find coconut butter? Try cashew, almond, or peanut butter and skip the matcha!)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon LEVO-Infused coconut oil
- Melt cocoa butter in a double boiler or makeshift double boiler (glass or metal bowl on top of a small pot filled 1/4 full with water) over medium heat.
- Once cocoa butter is melted add your LEVO-Infused coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Once the cocoa butter mixture is melted and thoroughly mixed, remove from heat and add maple syrup. Whisk well.
- Add cacao powder and vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate molds halfway filled and place in fridge or freezer to set.
Now it’s time to make the filling!
- Add all ingredients (coconut butter, matcha, maple syrup and LEVO-Infused coconut oil) to food processor and pulse to combine thoroughly.
Once chocolates have hardened sufficiently, remove from fridge and add a teaspoon of matcha filling to each. Pour to cover with remaining chocolate and replace in the fridge to set.
When ready, pop out and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. And don’t forget to share with friends!
Share your superfood adventures with us @LEVO_Oil using the tag #LEVOmade